Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost without it....


SPOILER ALERT
I'm unsure of what people are Lost on. I get it. And the things that weren't answered entirely I have enough imagination to explain for myself. The montages were corny. It doesn't matter how much I loved the characters... Sayid and Shannons reunion was particularly gag worthy.That being said, Lost ended well. I'm glad they didn't discard the ... purgatory idea just because people guessed. There was a reason people could guess, it worked best, it fit. What, you wanted aliens? And I appreciate that what happened to them on the island was real. It was their life. The purgatory side scenario was only in the last season. It allowed us enough time become invested in their lives through flashbacks, flashforwards and the island (which was their reality). Some plots were left to float like What was up with Walt??? He was special we know that much. Walt left in Season 3. Bye Walt, you're an afterthought to me now. I'm glad they explored the mysteries that were present. We learned exactly what the passangers of 815 learned and we learned it along with them. BREAKING NEWS: Just like the survivors,You will not have everything figured out when you die. Get over it. Jack did.
The themes transgressed. I loved the close attention to those things. And it all ended with my favorite theme: Faith.You see I'm a Locke, a man of faith.

In my opinion there is only one thing to be truly pissed off about. WHY DIDN'T DANIEL FARADAY HAVE AN ENGLISH ACCENT!? He taught at Oxford and his mother was! I just don't get it.

Thanks LOST for giving me friendship, a few laughs and a couple of good cries. Thanks for peeking my interest in culture and challenging me to explore the world around me. I've read books because they were mentioned in LOST and Im glad I did. I'm a better person because of this show.

** I chose that image because the Season Finale of Season 3 was the most beautiful moment in television... simply incomparable.

No comments:

Post a Comment